MICROSOFT SQL SERVER 2019 STANDARD
Ready for immediate dispatch, delivery time 24h
- item number: SW10151
- Manufacturer No.: 228-11477
- Duration: Permanently valid
- Language: All languages
- Country zone: AE
Are you a business customer or do you have legal questions?
I am here for you.
Microsoft Licensing Professional (MLP)
|CAL||User CAL/Device CAL|
|Scope of delivery||Download + License|
SQL 2019 Server Standard Edition is part of the latest version of the Relational Data Management System from ; it combines all the important database, reporting and analysis functions needed for the successful operation of enterprise resource planning systems, CRM systems or ERP software in small and medium-sized companies that need to use a powerful RDMS for this purpose, which can meet all the related requirements - also in . Microsoft Cloud
For further questions about the product, please contact our customer service.
Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Standard
SQL Server 2019 Standard Edition is part of the latest version of Microsoft's Relational Data Management System; it combines all the important database, reporting and analysis functions needed for the successful operation of enterprise resource planning systems, CRM systems or ERP software in small and medium-sized companies that need to use a powerful RDMS for this purpose, which can meet all the associated requirements - even in the cloud.
For this purpose, SQL Server 2019 Standard Edition provides a reliable basic data management and business intelligence database that can safely run all business-typical applications even on servers with a lower capacity. To this end, it offers various development tools for applications that can be deployed both locally and in the cloud.In addition, SQL Server 2019 Standard Edition enables efficient database management with minimal IT resource requirements.
Key built-in features of SQL Server 2019 Standard Edition include highly scalable cloud services, the Always Encrypted feature that provides secure enclaves, and extensibility, such as with Java language integration. Also supported by Microsoft are Hadoop Distributed File Systems (HDFS), Apache Spark, and other key analytics tools; this especially simplifies the management of extensive data sets with the Big Data clusters now available, as well as through the use of containers in all typical processes, from development to production. In the process, it is now possible to break down data silos directly in SQL Server 2019 without first moving or replicating them. Database compatibility certification protects against incompatibilities between applications, plus it allows a SQL Server database to be updated not only locally, but also peripherally or in the cloud.
Last but not least, SQL Server 2019 reliably protects all mission-critical data and immediately warns of suspicious access or other activities that could threaten its integrity (compliance).
Specifically, this SQL Server 2019 Standard Edition allows licensing a server with a server license in combination with complementary client access licenses; this solution is more attractive, especially for SMBs or mid-sized organizations whose server performance is lower, as it is more cost-effective overall.
Wiresoft offers SQL Server 2019 Standard Edition as used software at a significantly lower price compared to new software - without having to expect any limitations in functionality, performance as well as security. Detailed information on all SQL Server 2019 Standard features and Microsoft licensing terms for this edition is provided in the overview below.
Comparison with the previous version of SQL Server 2019 Standard - what's new?
The SQL Server 2019 Standard version differs from its predecessor in terms of enhanced or optimized functions and features, as well as better performance and scalability. In addition, the 2019 Standard version has been supplemented by a whole range of new, innovative functions: especially in the area of Big Data Management with new analysis tools, so that even large amounts of data, as they typically occur most of the time nowadays, can be processed and evaluated quickly and reliably and these can be made comprehensively available for the various applications.
Big Data workloads can now be moved directly into SQL Server as a result - unlike in the past, where their management took place on other Hadoop-based local platforms.
With the help of the integrated SQL Connectors, external databases such as Oracle, Teradata, Mongo DB, HDFS as well as Azure Data Lake can now be queried without having to physically move or replicate the respective data for this purpose. In addition to this, intelligent query processing is also available in SQL Server 2019 Standard, as is faster database recovery, which results in a significant increase in performance. The individual features are described in more detail in the following overview.
SQL Server 2019 Standard - the important features in detail
Especially the new Big Data clusters expand the possibilities for the analysis of extensive data in many respects, for their comprehensive processing and provision. Clustering of data is complemented by monitoring during systematic collection as well as logging and measurements, as well as intelligent processing of search queries.
Comprehensive data analysis and virtualization with Big Data clusters
In particular, the integration of Big Data clusters in SQL Server 2019 Standard offers more options for analyzing even large amounts of data and making it available, supported by AI, for the various applications - this includes the following features:
- With Big Data clusters, based on Kubernetes, it is possible to deploy scalable clusters of SQL Server, Spark and HDFS containers. So that the data can be read, written or processed simultaneously by Transact-SQL or Spark, these also run in parallel.
- SQL Server PolyBase also makes it possible to query data silos of external data sources without moving or copying the respective data.
- Data Lakes provide a scalable HDFS storage pool that can be used to store Big Data from various external sources as a Big Data cluster, to analyze it as well as to combine it with relational data.
- With Data Mart , horizontal scaling of Big Data clusters is possible so that data from multiple sources can also be ingested via data pool nodes as a cache, improving performance for data analytics.
- AI and machine learning tasks can also now be run for SQL Server Big Data clusters in HDFS storage pools.
- The built-in AI tools, as well as Spark SQL , can also be used with R, Python, Scala and Java.
- With app deployment, SQL Server Big Data cluster-based applications can be deployed in the form of web services as containers or apps, which access the data stored in the Big Data cluster for this purpose.
SQL Server 2019 Standard with optimized performance and scalability
The improvement in scalability and performance as well as high availability of SQL Server 2019 Standard is achieved by the following features, among others:
- Intelligent Database provides optimized query performance with Intelligent Query Processing without the need to first modify the applications involved, including delayed compilation of table variables, inlining of user-defined scalar functions, and nested execution for table value functions.
- In-memory database provides better performance for mission-critical workloads with in-memory OLTP1, hybrid buffer pool and its extension, as well as persistent memory support and memory-optimized tempdb metadata.
- Columnstore also includes large object binaries in grouped columnstore indexes and provides increased scalability and performance through persistent memory support, Stretch Database and up to 50 instances as well as table and index partitioning and data compression, parallel processing for partitioned tables and multiple filestream containers.
- SQL Server Standard2019 high availability is supported by Server Core support, log shipping, database mirroring and snapshot, as well as backup compression, Always on-failover cluster instances, a failover server for disaster recovery, and enhanced database recovery and encrypted backup.
- Always Encrypted protects sensitive client data from unauthorized access with secure enclaves, and the functionality also provides execution of more complex operations for secure database columns. This extends the trust boundary from client applications to the server side without SQL Server, operating system, databases or a system administrator having access, so operations with sensitive data can be executed securely even in plain text.
- Complementing this is row-level security with dynamic data masking, data classification and monitoring, transparent database encryption and extensible key management, and user-defined roles.
SQL Server 2019 Standard edition scaling limits:
The following specifications apply to a single instance of SQL Server 2019 Standard Edition.
Maximum relational database size:
- 524 PB
Maximum compute capacity:
- SQL Server database engine: less than 4 sockets or 24 cores
- Analysis or reporting services: less than 4 sockets or 24 cores
- Buffer pool: 128 GB
- Columnstore segment cache: 32 GB
- Reporting Services: 64 GB
- Analysis Services: 16 GB2 (tabular) / 32 GB (MOLAP)
SQL Server 2019 Standard with Server/CAL Licensing
The edition of SQL Server 2019 Standard described here can be used with a combination of server licensing and access licenses (CALs) (which are not included and therefore must be purchased separately). CPUs or server cores are therefore not included in this licensing. The conditions at a glance:
- One server license is required per server (physical or virtual) running SQL Server 2019 Standard.
- One additional client access license (CAL) of at least the same (or higher, if applicable) version is required for each user or end device accessing the licensed SQL Server, which must be purchased separately.
- SQL Server instances running in containers must also be licensed; these are treated as virtual machines.
Software and hardware requirements for running SQL Server 2019 Standard Edition
To run SQL Server 2019 Standard Edition on a server, the following minimum software and hardware requirements must be met:
- Operating systems: at least Windows 10, Windows Server 2019, 2012 R2
- Hard disk space: at least 6 GB - depending on the SQL Server components installed
- Working memory: at least 4 GB
- Graphics card: Super VGA with 800x600 pixels minimum resolution
- Processor: x64 processor - AMD Opteron, AMD Athlon 64, Intel Xeon with Intel EM64T, Intel Pentium IV with EM64T
- Processor speed: at least 1.4 GHz - recommended: 2.0 GHz or faster
FAQs about Wiresoft used software for Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Standard
The SQL Server 2019 Standard license offered by Wiresoft as used software does not differ from an entirely new server license in terms of its usability - also because a software cannot wear out. Below you will find all the answers to the most frequently asked questions about used SQL Server licenses.
Where do used SQL Server 2019 Standard licenses come from?
The SQL Server 2019 Standard software offered as used software in Wiresoft Shop comes from a company that first purchased the license and later resold it to Wiresoft. Due to the resale and its subsequent offer in the Wiresoft Shop, it is therefore marked as used software, while it can be used by the buyer like a new license.
Is there buyer assurance for used SQL Server 2019 Standard licenses as well?
Yes: When purchasing Wiresoft used software for SQL Server 2019 Standard, customers have the same advantages as with corresponding new server software: with the buyer security through the immediate download after the completed purchase and the immediate license activation with the valid supplied license key.
Is my purchase and use of used SQL Server 2019 Standard software legally harmless?
Yes: At Wiresoft, you can be confident that for you as a customer, both the purchase of used SQL Server 2019 Standard software and its actual use do not violate any laws, because this software comes from a company's license inventory. Thus, its purchase and use are based on the valid legislation that allows trading with Microsoft used software and also its use - these facts have been clearly confirmed several times by various court rulings.
Does used software like SQL Server 2019 Standard have other advantages?
Wiresoft's used software also has an economic advantage for customers, above all, as it allows them to update their software inventory much more cheaply than with new software if they want to stay up to date, which reduces operating costs. In addition, used software from Wiresoft also offers audit security due to the complete verification of all buyers!
Profit from the wide range of used software at Wiresoft
At Wiresoft, you will not only find the SQL Server 2019 Standard Edition as inexpensive used software in the store, but you can also buy the client access licenses required for server/CAL licensing here - as used software, of course - as well as other editions of Microsoft SQL Server 2019 and older versions; our wide-ranging used software portfolio also includes many other Microsoft programs - with all the advantages mentioned. If you have any questions regarding your licensing of SQL Server 2019 Standard or any other edition, please feel free to contact us via chat, email or phone.