MICROSOFT SQL SERVER 2016 STANDARD 2-CORE
Ready for immediate dispatch, delivery time 24h
- item number: SW10100
- Manufacturer No.: 7NQ-00806
- Duration: Permanently valid
- Language: All languages
- Country zone: AE
Are you a business customer or do you have legal questions?
I am here for you.
Microsoft Licensing Professional (MLP)
|Minimum licensing||4 Core Pro Server|
|Scope of delivery||Download + License|
The SQL Server 2016 Standard 2-Core edition provides enterprises with a reliable scalable as well as hybrid relational database platform to build intelligent applications for Desktop, Server and the web, supported by its high scalability and performance as well as advanced security features.
For further questions about the product, please contact our customer service.
Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Standard 2-Core
SQL Server 2016 Standard 2-Core edition provides enterprises with a reliable scalable as well as hybrid relational database platform to build intelligent applications for desktop, server and the web, supported by its high scalability and performance as well as advanced security features.
At Wiresoft, SQL Server 2016 Standard 2-Core is available as used software - at a lower price than new - though older versions of SQL Server like this are no longer regularly offered. As used software, this core-based SQL Server license can be used to its full extent with the maximum scalability, performance and security typical of the edition and is therefore particularly attractive for companies and organizations that use more powerful servers and for which the alternative CAL-based licensing is therefore not an option. Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Standard 2-Core is licensed according to the official Microsoft license management terms. For detailed information on new enhancements and new features included in SQL Server 2016 Standard, as well as your optimal licensing, see the following text.
The benefits and new features of Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Standard 2-Core
Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Standard Edition includes many of the comprehensive database features that mid-tier applications and data marts in particular need. It supports
the transformation of business-critical applications into intelligent applications - among other things through higher scalability for up to 24 cores. The integration of open source R also expands the possibilities for data analysis; in addition, users benefit from many business intelligence and development tools that are also available in the cloud. Below is more information on the functional areas of SQL Server version 2016 Standard 2-Core.
The features built into in-memory OLTP improve performance when processing workloads as well as transactions, and are responsible for significant performance gains through memory optimization, including
- Query store
- In-Memory Columnstore including ColumnStore index extension
- Temporal Tables for historization and provisioning of table data including support of table sizes up to 2 TB
SQL Server Analysis Services
SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) offers many performance and functionality improvements in the 2016 release including:
- Creation, filtering and processing for table model databases - including integration with the R statistical language:
- R scripts can be run directly on SQL Server for analysis and therefore no longer need to be exported from the SQL database, which also provides increased security.
- For direct live querying of external data, Oracle, Teradata as well as Azure SQL, among others, are also supported as data sources.
- Database Consistency Checker checks database consistency and immediately detects potential problems caused by corrupted data.
- New DAX functions and namespace services are available.
- A second assembly, Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Core.dll, is available for the likewise revised Analysis Services Management Objects (AMO).
Important new features in SQL Server 2016 for SSIS are:
- Support for Always On availability groups as well as
- Always Encrypted and Hadoop File System (HDFS)
- Incremental provisioning of packages
- Available column names in case of errors in the data flow
- New Connectors
- Custom logging capabilities
Master Data Services
Master Data Services (MDS)are used to efficiently manage an organization's master data sets. In SQL Server 2016, the following options are available here, among others:
- Organizing data in the form of models including the creation of rules for updating as well as individual access permissions.
- Definition of workflows by means of change sets incl. new levels for more security
- Release of master data sets for individual persons in Excel
- Filtering capability by domain-based attributes as well as synchronization for sharing across models
- Improved query performance with user-defined indexes
SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) are used to create and deliver or manage mobile or paginated reports, including:
- Analysis Services: these provide analytical data from reporting and business services reports so that they can be used by third-party client applications and business intelligence tools.
- Generating reports from different data sources and publishing them in different formats, including HTML5 support for rendering reports - these can be made available, for example, via the web-based reporting portal with KPI feature as well as the new Publisher via a browser in a web portal or on a mobile device, and also via email.
- New chart types: Treemap as well as Sunburst
Microsoft SQL Server version 2016 offers the following security feature enhancements, among others:
- Always Encrypted secures sensitive data such as credit cards in the SQL Server database in encrypted form. Further protection is provided by different roles for access rights, so that, for example, admins can manage such data but do not have direct access to it themselves.
- With row-level security, access restrictions can also be defined for individual data rows: Certain employees are then only granted authorization for individual data rows.
- Dynamic Data Masking provides simplified security coding for applications to prevent unauthorized employees from accessing sensitive data.
SQL Server 2016 Standard 2-Core maximum available performance specifications for individual components
The following specifications relate to scalability, performance, and features available for individual components.
Maximum scalability/sizes per SQL Server instance
- Computing capacity general: 4 sockets or 24 cores
- Computing capacity SQL Analysis Services or Reporting Services: 4 sockets or 24 cores
- Memory Analysis Services: Tabular 16 GB / MOLAP 64 GB
- Working memory Reporting Services: 64 GB
- Working memory buffer pool: 128 GB
- Memory Columnstore segment cache: 32 GB
- Memory optimized data: 32 GB
- Relational database size: 524 PB
High availability for SQL Server database engine features
- Server core support
- Database mirroring (full security)
- Log shipping
- Backup compression
- Always On Failover Clustering: 2 nodes
- Basic availability groups: 2 nodes
- Database recovery advisor and snapshot
- Encrypted backup or hybrid backup to Azure
Scalable SQL Server database engine features, including:
- In-memory OLTP
- Persistent main memory
- Stretch database
- Buffer pool extension
- Data compression
- Multiple instance support
- Partitioning of tables and indexes incl. parallel processing
- FILESTREAM container
Other features of SQL Server 2016 version
- Security features, including: Always Encrypted, row-level security, dynamic data masking, custom roles, encryption of backups
- Replication: SQL Server change tracking with snapshot, transaction and merge replication, updatable subscription with transaction replication, and heterogeneous subscribers
- Management tools, including: SQL Configuration Manager with SQL Management Objects and SQL Command Prompt Tool as well as SQL Profiler and SQL Server Agent, Distributed Replay for Administrator Tool, Client as well as Controller (for 1 client) and Database Engine Tuning Advisor
- Data warehousing features: StreamInsight as well as automatic generation of staging and data warehouse schemas and creation of cubes without database
- Development Tools: IntelliSense with Transact-SQL and MDX, as well as MDX editing, MDX debugging and MDX design tools, and SQL Server Data Tools and integration capability with Microsoft Visual Studio
Minimum Hardware and Software Requirements for SQL Server 2016 Standard 2-Core
The following are the minimum requirements for both installing and running SQL Server 2016 Standard 2-Core Edition. It should be noted that all SQL Server 2016 Standard 2-Core features are supported by a 64-bit client operating system, while only certain features are supported by a 32-bit client operating system. x86 processors cannot be used. Further, it is recommended to install SQL Server 2016 on a computer with NTFS or ReFS file format.
- Hard disk space: 6 GB - depending on the installed SQL Server components
- Memory: 4 GB - higher as database size increases to ensure optimal performance of SQL Server 2016
- Processors: x64 processor - AMD Opteron / Athlon 64, Intel Xeon / Pentium IV with EM64T support
- Processor speed: 1.4 GHz; 2.0 GHz recommended
- .NET Framework 4.6 - SQL Server setup .NET Framework is installed automatically - as well as Master Data Services and Replication
- Operating systems: Windows Server 2016 Datacenter, Standard 2-Core or Essentials; Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter; Standard 2-Core, Essentials or R2 Foundation; Windows Server 2012 Datacenter, Standard 2-Core, Essentials or Foundation
- Installing SQL Server 2016 in Server Core mode: Windows Server 2016 Standard 2-Core or Datacenter; Windows Server 2016 Standard 2-Core or Datacenter; Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard 2-Core or Datacenter; Windows Server 2012 Standard 2-Core or Datacenter
Licensing of SQL Server 2016 Standard 2-Core Edition
With the SQL Server 2016 release, Microsoft introduced core licensing, described here, which is also available for the Standard edition of SQL Server 2016 and is described below. Unlike older SQL Server versions, here the number of cores per processor forms the basis for the exact licensing of a SQL Server; each physical core of the server requires its own license, and cores are always licensed only in pairs.
The total number of core licenses required for the SQL Server is determined by the maximum number of cores; in principle, Microsoft bases this on a minimum of 8 licenses per server - the following conditions therefore apply:
- Each physical or virtual processor core requires a license.
- Consequently, all physical and active cores must be licensed.
- Each processor is charged with a minimum of 8 cores.
- Each server is charged with a minimum of 16 cores.
- Licensing is always done in pairs and the core licenses for SQL Server 2016 Standard are thereby available as packages of 2.
These Microsoft licensing terms also apply to used software. If you have any questions about your correct licensing with SQL Server 2016 Standard 2-Core Packages, please feel free to contact us.
FAQs about SQL Server 2016 Standard 2-Core Edition as Wiresoft used software
With our offer of used software such as SQL Server 2016 Standard 2-Core license, you can be confident that it offers the same capabilities as the corresponding new server license software - on the one hand, because software cannot wear out, and on the other hand, also in terms of its functionality as well as the legality of its usability. Here you can find all the answers to frequently asked questions about used SQL Server software.
Where does Wiresoft SQL Server used software at 2016 Standard 2-Core come from?
The used SQL Server 2016 software offered in Wiresoft Software Shop usually comes from those companies that first purchased the original software new and resold it to Wiresoft - common reasons are because there are surplus, unused licenses or this software has been replaced by another version or type and is therefore no longer used. At Wiresoft, such licenses are therefore marked as used software, but in principle they can be used like a new license.
Does Wiresoft used software like SQL Server 2016 offer buyer security?
Yes: When purchasing Wiresoft used software such as the SQL Server 2016 Standard 2-Core license, our customers have the same advantages as when purchasing new server software: Buyer security through immediate download and immediate license activation via the supplied valid license key.
Is it legal to trade in or use used software with SQL Server 2016 Standard 2-Core?
Yes: For the trade with used software as well as for its actual use, the corresponding jurisdiction applies, which allows both as legal - this has been confirmed several times by various court rulings. The used software offered at Wiresoft originates from license inventories of companies.
Does Wiresoft Used Software have any other advantages?
Yes: Wiresoft Used Software gives our customers the opportunity to either supplement or update their respective software inventories at a favorable price, because the prices are significantly lower than those of comparable new software. The Wiresoft software store also offers many older versions of server licenses that are no longer offered new, allowing customers to avoid more expensive upgrades. Wiresoft pre-owned software has the further advantage of offering audit security due to the complete record of all purchasers!
The Wiresoft used software offer includes not only SQL Server software such as the 2016 Standard 2-Core Edition, but also alternative licensing with CALs as well as newer versions of SQL Server - at a favorable advantage price. Here you will also find offers for many other Microsoft programs - with all the benefits mentioned above. If you have any questions regarding your licensing of SQL Server 2016 Standard 2-Core or any other form of licensing, please feel free to contact us via chat, email or phone.